Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'm hooome!

Hey all! The past 9 days were so much fun. Yes, it was the typical "death by powerpoint" at certain times, but it felt SO good to do hands on EMT and Medic skills. Some of the 68W skills are so perishable, and it is use it or lose it. Other than the classes I got to know some of the people in my unit closer. We went out to drink/dinner at this place called Black Sheep, and it was VERY Irish. I honestly did not know what half of the food was, but it was fun! Then a group of us watched the Sat/Sun football games. I'm not so much a football fan, but it definately beats sitting in a room by myself with nothing to do. All in all, I had a wonderful time with lots of great memories! I am actually looking forward to drill this weekend.

I am also about 100% more motivated to start a complete workout/lifestyle change. My battle Krod and I made a pact that we are going to compete and see who loses the most of their "goal" weight loss. Whoever wins has to by the other a new shirt or something cute to flatter their new figure. I'm kind of really excited. Tyrone went and bought this workout plan/healthy eating and he is all into it. I got home yesterday and was whisked away to the gym hours later to start my workout regiment. 10 exercises, 10 mins of cardio and I must say Im a bit sore this morning. *and I did squats, I want a nice butt* Today before work I did a quick 15m cardio. I refused to get too icky so I did an inclined brisk walk. My calves and quads were burning! I set the incline at 15 and the pace at 4mph. I will be alternating between cardio and low weight/high reps and sets for my days. Wish me luck! I want to be back in good Army standards. =)

Coming home last night was great, I walk in the house and my little peanut was sleeping!! I wanted to wake him up so bad, but I waited patiently. It was too cute when he did wake up. I was there when he opened his eyes and he stared at me for a minute, smiled, patted my face and said "dada".. ok kid, almost there. He says "mama" but he had a little mix-up. He then did not want to let me out of his sight, gave me hugs and just wanted to play with me and crawl all over me. It felt good to be missed. I cannot wait to go home and see him, but once I get out of work today he will be more than likely asleep. bummer. I also have to work tomorrow 5-9. In between I have to finish 5 loads of laundry, pack all of my gear for "show-downs" and unpack from the past 9 days. This all has to be done by 0630 Saturday morning. --insert sigh here--

I will keep updating on my workout plan and trend how well I am doing. I was.. ahem 189 at the gym yesterday and did my measurements. I about cried. I am taking a before and after picture that I will post ONLY once I reach my goal weight. I am aiming for losing about 30 pounds or 10% body fat. Either way, I want to look like I did when I got home from AIT, my body was nice! "Ah, boy look at that body.. I work out" (haha!)

side note: I am heavily considering getting my nose repierced. I miss my stud! opinions?

I'm off and running to complete more web training.
-ox-
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter