Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh Deer!

.. literally. But I will be getting to that part later. Let me catch you up. Drill this weekend was amazing. We got to give IV's on saturday to one another. Granted I did a MUCH better job than this person, it was still a good photo opportunity.



Along with doing IV's, we got to go to Hartford Hospital and do simulation training on plastic patients hooked up to machines. Sounds silly, but it was a lot of fun! One of our "patients" had shrapnel in his man parts, that was interesting wrapping that wound up.

Tyrone and I recieved two blessings this week that took our stress levels from 100% down to about 60%. I thank God for him helping us out, and 2011 is still looking pretty darn positive for us. (We still have to get to church!)
Valentine's Day was nice. Tyrone and I went to one of our favorite restaurants : Jimmies. And boy did we indulge. Fried Shrimp for us, and a pina colada for him. Mmm!

Today I had a Dr. appointment. I gained another 4 pounds in two weeks. Talk about feeling huge, but I at least have an excuse, and I'm sticking to it. The dr. said that I am measuring right on track, and he heard the baby's movements with the doppler. He told me I had an active one in there, and we also got to hear his heartbeat again. Baby T is still head down, I guess he is more comfortable that way. Who knows! After my appointment I went to Babies r Us. I splurged, just a little. I bought a few things for my friend's shower, and a couple things for me..


Granted, the stack of books I got for Christmas, and the blanket was a gift from G'Naunny, and the binkies were from Christmas. This picture was to show my grams what I have aquired recently. The camo glasses = complete score! And Tyrone loves the little Mets rompers. I was also able to get my crib and the mattress for Baby T this week. Talk about spoiled already!

Last but not least, the deer. Tyrone and I went out for a late night snack at 1am. We are getting onto 95N and as we are approachin the curve in the on ramp I spot this huge dark blob. I thought it was a crashed car, something we were not going to be able to get around. So I tell Tyrone to slow down, and as we approach I see not 1, not 2, not 3.. but FOUR deer hanging out in the middle of the ramp. It was a little family or something. They saw the car, jumped over the guard rail and turned around and watched us creep past them. It was like they were thanking us for not hitting any of them, they were SO cute. I wish I had my camera. I doubt I will EVER see four deer together like that again. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Now you're up to date, I'm off to bed.
Good Night
-ox-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter