Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time to indulge...

[warning, this post is all over the place. My thoughts are nowhere near oganized]

..ok, not yet. I am on Amazon thinking of things I want to order. I have a little bit of money coming in from my tax returns (and hopefully the second half of my enlistment bonus) and I just want to be able to buy a few things and not worry about the price tag, or getting it on sale, or that it is too much. I am going to indulge and not feel an ounce guilty if I spend a lot. Granted I am not going to spend ALL of the money, but I want a few new clothes, a few new nice things, a few gifts for people for next Christmas. Those such things. I have this new obsession with Willow Tree figurines, they are so precious. I want to buy them all and give them away! I am creating a [rather lenghty] wishlist on Amazon. Veggietales CDs for the baby, Melissa and Doug toys for the baby, Willow Tree figurines, SnowBabies since I owe my mom one, etc etc.




Oh, and if you are wondering, yes, I am at work... doing my *ahem* work.

So today, while doing my "research" on Spartacus, the Starz series, I was slightly devastated. I am not sure if any of you [if anyone is even reading this] watch Spartacus, but the main character, Andy Whitfield, has passed away as of September 2011. I knew he had cancer, hence the delay of season 2's (or is it 3's) release, but he has been replaced. I will watch the new season regaurdless, but Andy did an excellent job and the new guy has some big shoes to fill. Andy, you did wonderful, and I am glad that you were able to accomplish something so extrodianry in your 39 years here on earth. *Not to mention your sexy body*
RIP Andy

 



Onto something a bit more uplifting. I chanced across an old album I used to listen to with my grams. It is by David Arkenston, called Quest of the Dream Warrior. I am so so happy I found this album, currently I am streaming one of the songs that I listened to on repeat, "Road to the Sea". Have a listen, it so soothing and invigorating. -- Sails in the wind, ride on the sea, dreams in the sand, all you'll ever be. -- Yup, I just ordered it off of Amazon for less than 4 bucks- score!



And to end this post on a funny note I will share a comic strip from Zits. recently we have had a lot (I mean a LOT) of work done on our car. The work included the thermostat, the headlight, the wipers, the cig lighter/car charger, an oil change, we have to replace the water something, the front axle.. just to name a few that I can remember.


hehe :)

PLnCG
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter