Thursday, December 29, 2011

As 2011 Comes to an end

So I was going to start off this post with a look back at the year of 2011, when I started to type out month-by-month I realized how boring my year was. I think for the year of 2012 I am going to have more fun. I am going to make a serious effort to do things, afforadable things. I mean, we do things here and there.. the movies, Chuck-E-Cheese, go out to dinner, friends come over with their kids. Things like that, but nothing that was a "wow" factor. Nothing I can recall off the top of my head. Here is my previous "post" :

"What an interesting year in retrospective.

January-- I cannot remember anything too eventuful taking place this month. I was pregnant and itching to buy everything for the baby. We did receive a LOT of snow!




February-- the same as January, ticking away the days and weeks. I wish there was something more eventful to insert here.



March-- My baby shower was this month!! That was a fun time, good time to catch up with friends and family.
Tyrone and Me


The layout :)

     and my cousin from FL and my cousin from NH came to visit!




April-- Little man arrived. 4/10/11. Two weeks early. From then on it was taking care of the baby.

     and Steph's play




May-- My birthday.



June-- Enjoying the summertime with the little one, taking him on walks around the neighborhood. He loves the trains that go past our house.


A day with the "Greats" Great Grams, G Aunt Ro, G Aunt Mary, Cousin Teresa



We took little man to Castle Craig


Steph's 8th gr. Graduation - gooo Steph-e!


July-- Tyrone's Birthday. I went away for my first two weeks away from the baby for AT, which was 1/2 in the Cape and 1/2 in CT. We had fun for AT, good high-speed medic training.


Up in the blackhawk


Medical Classes

and who can forget the 4th of July!

August--


September-- nothing? Started seriously applying to jobs again


October-- Job offer at a hole-in-the-wall company. The start date was delayed 6 weeks! And the job lasted only 5 weeks. A waste of time if you ask me.. *le sigh* Drill weekend was the usual start of FY12 for the military. PT test and weapon qual, I did not pass my PT test, but I did pass my weapon qual. Impressive. :) We took little man pumpkin hunting and dressed him up for Halloween :)


KRod with Ty


Family Portrait!

November-- Thanksgiving with the little one! We went to Papa and Grandma's. Preparing for Christmas. Started the process of my current job.

December-- Started my job at THD. Had a wonderful Christmas with the little man. Welcomed my cousin Kadie Ann into this world!"

Regaurdless of 2011, I would not trade that year for anything.

On to other, less intersting.. ok, equally as boring topics I actually ran last night. I kept telling myself I needed to run, and something would always come up why I couldn't. Yesterday I took a 2.. ok 3 hour nap and upon waking up I felt groggy and hung over. Granted, I did not drink alcohol in days. A cure for this- going for a run. Quick side note: 3 laps around my neighborhood is 1 mile. This lap has a decline and an incline. So I did one lap and then I did a little more than 1/2 of the second lap, it was the incline that did me in the second time around. I was proud of myself that I was able to do that much for not really running on months. It was also a reality check to start running seriously again. The problem is that I hate running alone and usually wait for Tyrone to be ready. This is not a good approach if I actually want to run. I went solo last night. I might do a before and after picture of my running results. I know that it is a combination of exercise AND diet.. but I love my cookies and cake too much. On that note, I think I am going to go home and bake oatmeal cookies.. mmm! I am at work, yes doing more 3rd grader training. Who am I kidding. I found a way to listen to a radio station. Music in my ears = heaven. It makes the day 100% more bearable.

I hop everyone enjoys the last dregs of 2011.

toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter