Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Slight Rant

Yep, I am still at work, bored off of my rocker. I was just reading some of my older blog posts and saw the part when Zelda comes out 11/20. I was so pumped. I went to Best Buy about a month in advance and pre-ordered the bundle. Now, this was a special item that you basically had to pre-order to get, limited edition, all the bells and whistles. It came with a shiny gold Zelda wii motion plus remote, for just 20 bucks more than the game. I was all over this, gosh, a GOLD remote! I put my $5 down for the pre-order, kept my receipt religiously in my wallet until I could pick my game up. Terms for picking up pre-ordered games: has to be within 5 days of the release date. Cool. It was Black Friday- 11/25, the 5th and final day for prompt pick-up, the store was mobbed with shoppers and I was armed with my receipt. I (after about ten minutes) find an associate who can assist me and retrieve my game for me. But no, what does he tell me instead " There are no more copies of the bundle in the store." What? Meaning, you sold MY copy that I pre-ordered. Excuse my French, but, assholes! I remain calm, and politely ask when do they expect to have more in. They don't know. What good are store associates these days. I call BB the following day to tell them my woes, and the customer service lady takes my name and number and tells me she would give me a call when more become avaliable. Shipments are made on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Mhm, it is now 4 days later, past a shipment date.. where is this game. I stop back in and talk with the supervisor from the gaming dept. He does the same thing, name, number, gunna give me a call. No call. Now, I am starting to get mad. They are playing games with me. I wait two whole weeks, I follow up with now a manager. He said he was going to try and track one down from another store and give me a call back. My phone did not ring once from BB. I was tracking this product the whole time online to see if it would pop up as "In Stock". Not once did that happen. I did a quick google search to see if anyone else was selling my bundle, there were others.. Amazon, Ebay. The price tag - 230ish bucks. Original price: $69.99. Oh H to the NO. Now I am heated, so I call back and ask to speak with the manager again, this time it is someone different. I explain the entire situation, and he offers a discount on the game-- without the controller. *sigh* I DO want the game, wanting the controller is materialistic and isnt going to make a difference in my life. Game price $49.99 - $5.00 for the preorder -%50 = 20 bucks plus tax. Not bad for a new Zelda game without my controller. Lesson to learn- never preorder for BB again! I had to go home and wrap my game since it is part of my Christmas present. I am excited to play, with my black motion plus controller. I am going to buy that gold controller one day, someone will get tired of theirs and give it up (yea right).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter